September 30, 2007

The "V" word...Vegetarian




I decided to be a vegetarian at the age of 6 and by 6 and a half I was a complete vegetarian. My reasoning at this age was because it made me "feel better" when I did not eat meat. Both my parents are heavy meat eaters and thought this was a phase that little kids went through but little did they know it would be a choice that would stick. The most popular question I get asked when people find out I am a vegetarian is "what do you eat?" I think this is one of the funniest questions because I can eat anything I want. For the most part, I can find something on a menu thats vegetarian or just ask them to hold the meat. Today, there are tons of resaturants who are now are offering vegetarian menus on top of the regular menu. Most people do not understand the difference betweeen vegetarian and vegan. So to clarify, vegetarians still eat dairy products and vegans do not consume any dairy/animal products. I am a vegetarian because I still eat cheese, ice cream, and eggs. Hopefully next time you meet a vegetarian you won't be so confused.

No comments: