September 5, 2007

HERO



"We grow a little every time we do not take advantage of somebody's weakness". - Bern Williams

This summer my mother and I threw potlucks every Thrusday. Anyone was welcome to come and we had people of all ages get together to make food and hang out. One evening, my mom's interior designer brought cards that had quotations on them and we had to pick one and read it out loud. This was my quote and I was really interested by what it had to say about mankind. I feel this quote is moving because it makes you stop and think of how much the people in today's society take advantage of other people's weaknesses when the opportunity presents itself. People take advantage to get ahead in business, relationships, and friendships. Think of how much people would grow if they could stop themselves from taking advantage of others when they saw the opportunity to. If they could take a step back and stop themselves from thinking only of trying to get ahead, they might instead appreciate what they do have in the present rather than what they could have. I think this quotation could teach us all something and make us consider how much respect we give to the people we encounter on a day to day basis. I believe the world would be a very different place if people considered the effects that their actions have on others, and I do think that people could grow drastically from thinking before they act.

No comments: