December 3, 2007

Christmas Time

It Reads that way because IT SELLS!
"It elevates the mood"
And puts one in the frame of mind
The proper attitude..
To lavish guests with wondrous foods
To buy, in spite of COST...
To act as if one knows what he is doing
When he's LOST!!
But Christmas is a frantic time....
For ME, and others too!
The buying gifts, the wrapping...
And all else that we do!!
It starts with DECORATING
The house, outside and in....
My dad strings cascading lights
While I, inside BEGIN...
To open up the boxes
Of my treasures through the years
Life wondering how they fared this time
(I try to quell my fears!!)
My SANTA CLAUS collection
Is such a great surprise!
I swear that HE is really is there...
I see those "TWINKLING EYES"!
Place them just where they should be
The rooms are getting full
Of characters and colors...
So bright where i was dull!
And this is what I LOVE the most.
The way these things appear!
One cannot help but feel god
When the HOLIDAYS are near!!
Of having this GOOD FEELING
With "programs" here...and running there,
We all are just left "reeling"!
And look, instead to CALMER times
When we might just SLOW DOWN
It seems so sad, but WE MISS OUT
On all that is around!!
And, therefore, I will make a PLEDGE
This year that we will start
Not just observing CHRISTMAS
But feeling it in the heart!!
By slowing down our pace a bit...
And SEEING sights around us
And through these basic, little acts...
Our problem will be solved
And what seems insurmountable
Will MAGICALLY dissolve!
I feel good already
Have I left something out?
Or was it just that SIMPLE
To turn this thing about?

- by the issue (finally brave enough)

No comments: